Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Necessity is the Mother of Invention


Invention of new patterns, that is.  At Thanksgiving, my mom asked for a cream colored cowl to wear with her blue winter coat.  I tucked this information back in my brain and went on with my Christmas knitting.  Then three days before Christmas I remembered I had promised her a cowl.  I had an idea that had been knocking around in my head since last year. 

So I got out the sketch pad, a pencil and a calculator.  I saw the cowl taking shape on the page.  Two days before Christmas, I cast on.  Even with last minute shopping, baking Oreo cupcakes and chocolate pretzels, and a candlelight church service, I sit on Christmas eve with 6 rows to go.As my kids like to say, "easy peasy lemon squeezy!"  

My goal the pattern can be written and out for testing just after the new year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment